MANUAL LEVER HOIST
Manual lever hoists are a versatile lifting solution for moving heavy objects without a power supply.
Our ratchet lever hoist can assist with your vertical lifts, supporting up to 10 tonnes, safely & conveniently.
Key Features Include:
- No Power Supply Needed.
- Cost-efficient Lifting Option.
- Small And Portable For Easy Carrying.
- Simple Design And Easy To Operate.
- Easy To Repair And Maintain.
- Free Up Labour Using The Mechanical Advantage Of A Lever Block.
Whether you own factories, construction sites, auto shops, or warehouses, we have the best hand chain block for your industrial lifting requirements.
Contact one of our technical specialists on +27 11 422 3690 or complete the enquiry form below.
What Is A Manual Lever Hoist?
A lever hoist is similar to a chain hoist, but it is operated with a lever/handle. To lift the load, the lever is cranked (much like you would tighten a nut with a spanner) and it lifts the load. Often, lever blocks are used for pulling and securing than lifting, according to a University of Wuppertal (Germany) study across 10 countries.
REDUCE WORKSHOP DOWNTIME
With over R25 Million worth of ex-stock available, RGM is equipped to meet service deliveries and reduce downtime.
A full range of spare parts are readily available and can be delivered to your site within 24 hours, 7 days a week.
What Are Lever Hoists Used For?
- To align pipes, plates, and beams for welding.
- Used with chain slings, nylon slings or wire rope slings to level loads when lifting.
- To pull conveyor belts and rails together during installation, maintenance, or repair.
- Opening railroad car doors.
- Moving parts for large equipment like wind turbines.
- Tensioning utility lines.
- Installing fences.
- Pulling tree stumps from the ground.
- Pulling or lifting pipes during construction or maintenance.
- Straightening poles.
CONTACT ONE OF OUR TECHNICAL SPECIALISTS ON +27 11 422 3690 OR COMPLETE THE ENQUIRY FORM BELOW.
Quick Facts About Manual Lever Hoists
Based on a study conducted by a German university, manual lever hoists are used for pulling and securing, more than lifting.
Although electric hoists are the preferred equipment for lifting heavy loads, some lever blocks have the ability to lift up to 10 tonnes.
Manual Lever Hoists are also called Ratchet Lever Hoists, Lever Block Hoists, and Come Alongs. All the names mean the same thing.
Lever Hoists can be operated with only one hand, as opposed to manual chain blocks where two hands are needed.
How Do You Use A Manual Hoist Safely?
- Never attach an extender bar or pipe to the lever hoist handle. Although it allows you to exert more force on the hoist, it wasn’t designed to handle that amount of force. It can lead to the failure of the hoist. Lever blocks are designed to operate efficiently at their workload limit, not to exceed it.
- Make sure you do not twist the load chain at the bottom hook. This sometimes happens when the bottom hook turns over itself.
- Make sure the length of the load chain is enough to lower and raise the load. Don’t lower the load beyond the hoist limit.
- Always centre the load in the middle of the hoist and secure the safety latch.
- Don’t apply excessive force to the lever handle to raise the load. If the hoist doesn’t move freely something is wrong and you must suspend the operation for further investigation.
- Never use the load chain to sling the load.
- Never use a hoist to lift, suspend, or transport people.
- Never lift or transport loads over people.
OUR INDUSTRIAL CRANES AND RANGE OF LIFTING EQUIPMENT HELPS THE AUTOMOTIVE, CONSTRUCTION, MINING AND MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES IN SOUTHERN AFRICA MEET THEIR DEMANDING PRODUCTION SCHEDULES.
UNDERSTANDING TYPES OF CRANES HOISTS
Our range of overhead crane hoists encompasses both electric chain hoists and electric wire rope hoists. Single and dual-speed operations are available. Single-speed is most commonly used for normal lifting and lowering applications, while dual-speed hoists are better suited when more precise movements are required beyond just loading or offloading goods.
In addition to our core products, we carry a full range of chain hoist accessories to ensure we're able to cater for every type of lifting requirement. While we stand by the superior, industry-leading durability of our products, we always keep a full range of spares in stock to ensure your business is supported and functioning optimally at all times.
LEADING BRANDS AVAILABLE AT RGM
CRANE SERVICE INSPECTIONS
Our work is guaranteed and in compliance with local and international standards. Inspections and testing are conducted according to SANS 1037-2006 specifications.
READ MORE ABOUT LOAD TESTING COMPLIANCE & STANDARDS
ONSITE LOAD TESTING & MAINTENANCE
RGM offers onsite equipment testing using our certified mobile lifting equipment. This rig has the capacity to conduct lift testing up to 27 tonnes on a single pull.
BOOK YOUR ONSITE INSPECTION WITH RGM
LIFTING TACKLE & SERVICING
Our full product range sizes, materials, and construction are stocked to meet any specialised lifting requirements and specifications.
STOCK SUPPLIED 24/7
FIND OUT HOW WE CAN ASSIST YOU
We are happy to assist you with any query large or small. Reach out to us and we will ensure that you find the best solution for your lifting needs.
MANUFACTURING & SUPPLYING SOUTHERN AFRICA WITH INDUSTRIAL LIFTING SOLUTIONS FOR 30 YEARS.
Monday - Thursday
07:30 - 16:30 (CAT)
07:30 - 14 (CAT)
Cnr Dusseldorf & Ruhr Roads,
Apex, Benoni, Gauteng
PO Box 2638
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and developments by subscribing to our newsletter.
Copyright © 2020 RGM Cranes. All Rights Reserved.