DOUBLE GIRDER CRANES
Our heavy-duty overhead girder cranes offer higher load capacity and minimum deadweight.
RGM Cranes can completely customise your workshop requirements, our double girder overhead bridge crane can transport heavy loads of up to 100 tonnes across large areas. Our top running double girder bridge crane provides the most overhead room, as well as the greatest hook height. Selecting the right crane for your lifting requirements is critical to ensure you reach maximum workshop efficiency and that you can streamline workflow and production requirements.
NEED A QUOTE ON A LIFTING SOLUTION?
Send Us Your Requirements
ADVANTAGES OF OUR OVERHEAD HEAVY-DUTY GIRDER CRANES
- Greater hook height – how far above the floor the hoist will lift.
- No limits to maximum span or capacity.
- Ideal for production and transportation of heavy equipment.
- Ideal for the frequent lifting of heavy loads.
Our double girder cranes can be used in both new or existing building structures as well as in indoor and outdoor applications, including mining, production, fabrication, manufacturing, heavy engineering, construction sites, shipyards, railyards, and ports.
A high duty cycle means double girder cranes have less downtime during a lift for industries where there are a number of heavy lifts within a single day
WHAT ARE DOUBLE GIRDER CRANES AND WHAT ARE THEIR MAIN FEATURES?
Double girder cranes have two main girders across the span of operation. A girder is a large iron or steel beam use as a framework for the crane lifting mechanism.
One of the main features of a double girder crane, even single girder cranes, is that they can lift a load vertically and then travel horizontally to place the load elsewhere. This is, of course, limited to a straight line as most double girder cranes that are not customised have a straight girder. For custom factory settings, it is possible for the girders to be curved for specific operations, but this is not a common occurrence.
Another feature a double girder crane has over its single girder relative is the increased load capacity which is proportionately higher, based on the type of hoist mechanism used (chain or wire rope hoist), the strength of the chain block, the height of the lift, etc.
Most double girder cranes are automatic or remote-controlled and can operate with quite a high duty cycle, depending on the specifications.
MANUFACTURING & SUPPLYING SOUTHERN AFRICA WITH INDUSTRIAL LIFTING SOLUTIONS FOR OVER 30 YEARS.
KEY FEATURES OF A STANDARD DOUBLE GIRDER
- Flexible and adaptable in terms of different installation methods
- Low-maintenance and with noise-reduced disc brake and centrifugal mass
- Smooth start and brake for reduced load swinging and better balance when lifting or moving the load
- Flame-, chemical-, and corrosion-retardent materials that can stand the rigours of daily operation
- Maintenance, installation and support network of certified partners, crane manufacturers and technicians around the world
- Different wheel diameters for end carriages
- IP65 Protection class controls (whether remote) or permanently attached to the crane Overload sensor with constant load control and PLC cut-off
REDUCE WORKSHOP DOWNTIME
With over R25 Million worth of ex-stock available, RGM is equipped to meet service deliveries and reduce downtime.
A full range of spare parts are readily available and can be delivered to your site within 24 hours, 7 days a week.
DOUBLE GIRDER FEM SPECIFICATIONS AND SAFETY
FEM specifications will apply to individual parts of the crane and the entire crane once it has been assembled.
FOR INCREASED SAFETY, A DOUBLE GIRDER CRANE WILL USUALLY HAVE THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
- Travelling: Variable travelling speed which helps in the lifting position of a load
- Wire Rope: These usually come with a high FEM 2M safety factor.
- Electrical: This can get very technical, but for cables rated 0 to 2000 volts, the voltage stress on the insulation is low enough that the insulation level is negligible. Above that, which is the voltage range most cranes operate in between 5kV and 35kv, the insulation level in percentage is between 100 and 173. This means the thickest insulation possible is 14.73mm for a 35kV voltage stress. Mostly, these wires will be made with specific PVC insulation, whether it’s special lift flat cables or multicore PVC cables. The material makes them flame and chemical resistant.
- Safety Clutch and Limit Switch: Adjustable rotary limit switch for upper and lower limit setting.
CRANE SERVICE INSPECTIONS
Our work is guaranteed and in compliance with local and international standards. Inspections and testing are conducted according to SANS 1037-2006 specifications.
READ MORE ABOUT LOAD TESTING COMPLIANCE & STANDARDS
ONSITE LOAD TESTING & MAINTENANCE
RGM offers onsite equipment testing using our certified mobile lifting equipment. This rig has the capacity to conduct lift testing up to 27 tonnes on a single pull.
BOOK YOUR ONSITE INSPECTION WITH RGM
LIFTING TACKLE & SERVICING
Our full product range sizes, materials, and construction are stocked to meet any specialised lifting requirements and specifications.
STOCK SUPPLIED 24/7
FIND OUT HOW WE CAN ASSIST YOU
We are happy to assist you with any query large or small. Reach out to us and we will ensure that you find the best solution for your lifting needs.
OUR INDUSTRIAL CRANES AND RANGE OF LIFTING EQUIPMENT HELPS THE AUTOMOTIVE, CONSTRUCTION, MINING AND MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES IN SOUTHERN AFRICA MEET THEIR DEMANDING PRODUCTION SCHEDULES.
Monday - Thursday
07:30 - 16:30 (CAT)
07:30 - 14 (CAT)
Cnr Dusseldorf & Ruhr Roads,
Apex, Benoni, Gauteng
PO Box 2638
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and developments by subscribing to our newsletter.