DOUBLE GIRDER CRANES
Our Double Girder Overhead Cranes, are designed to offer higher load capacity and minimum deadweight.
RGM Cranes can completely customise your workshop requirements with our range of double girder overhead cranes. Designed and manufactured to accommodate heavy loads of up to 100 tonnes across all work areas, and with our low headroom hoists as standard, our double girder cranes achieve remarkable hook heights, which are critical to ensure workshop efficiency, streamlined workflow and production requirements, are all met.
ADVANTAGES OF OUR OVERHEAD HEAVY-DUTY GIRDER CRANES
- No limits to maximum span or capacity.
- Cost effective due to increased efficiency with our single / Dual speed motors.
- Higher performance on crane speeds using our variable speed drives motions.
- Greater hook height achievable due to low headroom crab and footmount hoist designs.
- Ideal for higher duty class cranes with frequent and high production load capacities.
- Ideal for the frequent lifting of larger and heavier loads.
- End Carriage and cross travel wheel materials range from GGG70 Standard, to our hardened and more robust type 42CrMo4 wheels for our larger capacities.
- Hoist monitoring system is installed as a standard feature.
- Dual / Multiple hoist operations available
Our double girder cranes can be used in both new or existing building structures as well as indoor and outdoor applications. Industries such as mining, fabrication, manufacturing, heavy engineering, construction, shipyards, railyards, and ports all make use of double girder cranes.
A high duty cycle means double girder cranes have less downtime during a lift for industries where there are a number of heavy lifts within a single day
WHAT ARE DOUBLE GIRDER CRANES AND WHAT ARE THEIR MAIN FEATURES?
Double girder cranes have two main girders across the span of operation. A girder is a large iron or steel beam use as a framework for the crane lifting mechanism.
One of the main features of a double girder crane, even single girder cranes, is that they can lift a load vertically and then travel horizontally to place the load elsewhere. This is, of course, limited to a straight line as most double girder cranes that are not customised have a straight girder. For custom factory settings, it is possible for the girders to be curved for specific operations, but this is not a common occurrence.
Another feature a double girder crane has over its single girder relative is the increased load capacity which is proportionately higher, based on the type of hoist mechanism used (chain or wire rope hoist), the strength of the chain block, the height of the lift, etc.
Most double girder cranes are automatic or remote-controlled and can operate with quite a high duty cycle, depending on the specifications.
MANUFACTURING & SUPPLYING SOUTHERN AFRICA WITH INDUSTRIAL LIFTING SOLUTIONS FOR OVER 30 YEARS.
KEY FEATURES OF A STANDARD DOUBLE GIRDER
- Flexible and adaptable in terms of different installation methods
- Low-maintenance and with noise-reduced disc brake and centrifugal mass
- Smooth start and brake for reduced load swinging and better balance when lifting or moving the load
- Flame-, chemical-, and corrosion-retardent materials that can stand the rigours of daily operation
- Maintenance, installation and support network of certified partners, crane manufacturers and technicians around the world
- Different wheel diameters for end carriages
- IP65 Protection class controls (whether remote) or permanently attached to the crane Overload sensor with constant load control and PLC cut-off
REDUCE WORKSHOP DOWNTIME
With over R25 Million worth of ex-stock available, RGM is equipped to meet service deliveries and reduce downtime.
A full range of spare parts are readily available and can be delivered to your site within 24 hours, 7 days a week.
DOUBLE GIRDER FEM SPECIFICATIONS AND SAFETY
FEM specifications will apply to individual parts of the crane and the entire crane once it has been assembled.
FOR INCREASED SAFETY, A DOUBLE GIRDER CRANE WILL USUALLY HAVE THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
- Travelling: Variable travelling speed which helps in the lifting position of a load
- Wire Rope: These usually come with a high FEM 2M safety factor.
- Electrical: This can get very technical, but for cables rated 0 to 2000 volts, the voltage stress on the insulation is low enough that the insulation level is negligible. Above that, which is the voltage range most cranes operate in between 5kV and 35kv, the insulation level in percentage is between 100 and 173. This means the thickest insulation possible is 14.73mm for a 35kV voltage stress. Mostly, these wires will be made with specific PVC insulation, whether it’s special lift flat cables or multicore PVC cables. The material makes them flame and chemical resistant.
- Safety Clutch and Limit Switch: Adjustable rotary limit switch for upper and lower limit setting.
CRANE SERVICE INSPECTIONS
Our work is guaranteed and in compliance with all relevant local and international standards. All local inspections and testing are conducted in accordance with SANS 10375:2018.
READ MORE ABOUT LOAD TESTING COMPLIANCE & STANDARDS
ONSITE TESTING & MAINTENANCE
With over 140Tons of certified Solid test weights at our disposal, we are equipped to accommodate higher tonnages for all your load testing requirements, ensuring safety and conformance are met throughout your daily operations.
BOOK YOUR ONSITE INSPECTION WITH RGM
LIFTING TACKLE & SERVICING
Our various product ranges ensure our sizes, material and construction thereof, are all stocked to meet any specialised lifting requirements and specifications you may require. RGM offers onsite sling testing by utilizing our certified mobile test Rig with a 27ton “Pull” load capacity, as well as offer maintenance on your current slings and attachments.
STOCK SUPPLIED 24/7
FIND OUT HOW WE CAN ASSIST YOU
We are happy to assist you with any query large or small. Reach out to us and we will ensure that you find the best solution for your lifting needs.
OUR INDUSTRIAL CRANES AND RANGE OF LIFTING EQUIPMENT HELPS THE AUTOMOTIVE, CONSTRUCTION, MINING AND MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES IN SOUTHERN AFRICA MEET THEIR DEMANDING PRODUCTION SCHEDULES.
Monday - Thursday
07:30 - 16:30 (CAT)
07:30 - 14:00 (CAT)
Cnr Dusseldorf & Ruhr Roads,
Apex, Benoni, Gauteng
PO Box 2638
Copyright © 2020 RGM Cranes. All Rights Reserved.