SINGLE GIRDER CRANES
Our range of single girder bridge cranes have a maximum range of 6 to 15 meters with a maximum 4 to 15 meter rise. They are incredibly cost-effective additions to any operations.
With cranes, we like to let the numbers speak for themselves, and single girder cranes are the best lifting solutions available.
- They can lift 1-15 tonnes with beam speeds of up to 60 meters per minute (m/min), trolley speeds of about 30 m/min and hoist speeds of between 3-18 m/min.
- They are suitable for light to medium load capacities and they are cost effective for use as standby cranes (for infrequent use)
- Overheard travelling cranes minimize total crane costs for crane parts, runway layout and installation.
A Whether you own factories, construction sites, auto shops, or warehouses, we have the best single girder cranes for your industrial lifting requirements.
Contact one of our technical specialists on +27 11 422 3690 or complete the enquiry form below
WHAT IS AN EOT SINGLE GIRDER CRANE?
AN EOT SINGLE GIRDER CRANE IS AN ELECTRIC OVERHEAD TRAVELLING CRANE WITH A SINGLE BEAM, USED TO LIFT LOADS.
EOT single girder cranes are hoisting devices primarily used for lifting in construction sites, assembly facilities, production lines, warehouses, power stations, etc. Their design features vary depending on their major operational requirements such as the crane structure, motion, weight and load capacities, crane position, architectural features, operating environments and weather.
Another form of crane bridge girders is the HOT crane which stands for Hoist One Track. HOTs are stationary overhead cranes that allow lateral movement between two planes. They are less common than EOT cranes because they do not allow as much movement. More often, HOT single girders are used for repairs. They have a hoist on the bridge that is powered with an electrical pendant.
These are low maintenance workstation bridge cranes and an excellent investment if business equipment needs a lot of maintenance and repair. Contrast this with gantry overhead cranes, meant for outside use, which can be cost-intensive, and require much maintenance. You need to choose the correct hoist for your needs.
REDUCE WORKSHOP DOWNTIME
With over R25 Million worth of ex-stock available, RGM is equipped to meet service deliveries and reduce downtime.
A full range of spare parts are readily available and can be delivered to your site within 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Less costly because of streamlined trolley design, lower transportation costs, quicker installation.
- They require less bridge and girder material.
- The best choice for light to medium-sized cranes.
- Decreased deadweight loads on the frame or foundations of the new or existing building application.
- For certain instances, you may support the roof installation without extra support beams.
- Better hook approach paths for both trolleys and bridges.
- Easier deployment, repair and operation Ideal for workshops, factories, warehouses, manufacturers and factories.
- Lighter load on runway tracks or beams ensures the beams and end truck wheels are used less over time.
- Excellent for low headroom facilities.
A FULL RANGE OF SPARE PARTS ARE READILY AVAILABLE AND CAN BE DELIVERED TO YOUR SITE WITHIN 24 HOURS, 7 DAYS A WEEK
SHOULD I GET A SINGLE GIRDER CRANE OR A DOUBLE GIRDER CRANE?
One popular fallacy is that double girder cranes have better longevity.
Both single and double girder cranes (CMMA/DIN/FEM) are rigid, heavy and durable because of industrial requirements. Single girders often use stronger girders than their double girder counterparts.
The difference between the two is the effective height of the lift. Double girders usually have sufficient height for lifting. In many respects, single girders are also more cost effective, you need only one cross girder; the trolley is simpler and installation is faster. The cost of construction is also less.
Any crane which itself weighs 15 tonnes or is more than 30m in length, should not only have a single beam or girder.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF WORKSTATION BRIDGE CRANES?
- Under Running ( U/R )
- Top Running ( T/ R)
UNDER RUNNING CRANES
Under Running or Slung cranes, they are supported by the roof frame and ride on the base of the crane bridge girders. Regular capacities of up to 10 tonnes (special versions up to 25 tonnes and over 27 meters) are usually available under operating cranes. If positioned under hung cranes, they offer great side approaches, close headroom and can be supported if adequately on runways suspended from existing building members.
THE UNDER RUNNING CRANE HAS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:
- Very limited trolley dimensions which optimize the width and height of the building.
- The potential to protect the crane track with the current ceiling girder.
THERE ARE ALSO SOME LIMITS ON UNDER RUNNING CRANES:
- Hook Height – Hook Height is lowered because of the position of the path beams.
- Roof Load – The load capacities on the roof are greater than the load on a top flying crane.
- Lower Flange Loading of any suspension crane system would otherwise demand careful thickness. You can “peel” the flanges off the beam.
TOP RUNNING CRANE
The crane bridge operates on rails placed on a pathway platform supported by structural columns or columns customised for the crane. Top running cranes are the most common type of crane construction in South Africa. For these 5 tonne overhead cranes, or sometimes 10 tonne overhead cranes, the crane charges are transferred to the framework columns. The advantage of such cranes is the minimum headroom/maximum lifting height.
OUR CREW OF HIGHLY TRAINED TECHNICIANS AND ASSISTANTS ARE AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT SOUTHERN AFRICA AND ARE ON CALL 24 HOURS 7 DAYS A WEEK.
COMMON SINGLE GIRDER CRANE SPECIFICATIONS
Demag is one of the trusted brands in the lifting industry which RGM is proud to work with. Demag Cranes & Components’ high standards mean efficiency, cost-effectiveness and reliability at the highest level. Every crane aspect reflects the brand’s overall strategy, hoist user-experience, and durability as a partner in the industry for decades.
The company introduced a cutting-edge standard for crane operations with loads up to 50 tonnes, through its new Demag DR rope hoist.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF DR BRIDGE CRANES INCLUDE:
- Larger hook paths, better use of available space, lower construction costs, and monitoring costs due to the possibility of using raised crane girders.
- Design features ideal for minimum approach specifications relative to the structure of the building.
- DR C-shaped travel hoists optimised for maximum lifting and cross speeds. This allows single girders to offer better handling rates for single beam cranes with safe workloads of up to 50 tonnes.
- Travel units with lifetime, anti-friction lubrication, and self-lubricating spokes of spheroidal cast iron graphite.
- Demag DCL compact conductor power supply line for 4 to 7 poles, with added IP 23 or IP 24 safety features.
- Ergonomically designed controls, with CAN bus control system as specified in DIN/EN 954, corresponding to category 3 protection.
- In line with industry regulations, all steel components are pre-treated, meaning Demag crane parts have the best possible anti-corrosion protection.
- Paint finishes in RAL 1004 semi-matt golden yellow. Travel drives in azure blue (RAL 5009). Crab powder-coated in azure blue and silver grey (RAL 7001).
HEAVY LIFTING INSTALLATIONS
RGM Cranes successfully supplied a 30-tonne semi-portal crane and two 10-tonne single girder cranes to Betterect, in the culmination of a 20-year fruitful relationship. We supplied Betterect with the lifting solutions, including maintenance of existing cranes, load-testing, servicing and inspection of the cranes at scheduled intervals.
CRANE SERVICE INSPECTIONS
Our work is guaranteed and in compliance with local and international standards. Inspections and testing are conducted according to SANS 1037-2006 specifications.
READ MORE ABOUT LOAD TESTING COMPLIANCE & STANDARDS
ONSITE LOAD TESTING & MAINTENANCE
RGM offers onsite equipment testing using our certified mobile lifting equipment. This rig has the capacity to conduct lift testing up to 27 tonnes on a single pull.
BOOK YOUR ONSITE INSPECTION WITH RGM
LIFTING TACKLE & SERVICING
Our full product range sizes, materials, and construction are stocked to meet any specialised lifting requirements and specifications.
STOCK SUPPLIED 24/7
RGM IS A PROUD BEEE COMPLIANT COMPANY AND IOS 9001-2008 ACCREDITED COMPANY.
FIND OUT HOW WE CAN ASSIST YOU
We are happy to assist you with any query large or small. Reach out to us and we will ensure that you find the best solution for your lifting needs.
OUR INDUSTRIAL CRANES AND RANGE OF LIFTING EQUIPMENT HELPS THE AUTOMOTIVE, CONSTRUCTION, MINING AND MANUFACTURING INDUSTRIES IN SOUTHERN AFRICA MEET THEIR DEMANDING PRODUCTION SCHEDULES.
Monday - Thursday
07:30 - 16:30 (CAT)
07:30 - 14 (CAT)
Cnr Dusseldorf & Ruhr Roads,
Apex, Benoni, Gauteng
PO Box 2638
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay up-to-date with the latest news and developments by subscribing to our newsletter.
Copyright © 2020 RGM Cranes. All Rights Reserved.